Guessing by the turnout last Saturday, you were either AT the Excelsior Brewing Memorial Day Shagagogo Bash or you missed out on a freakishly good time. For those that weren’t there, let me recap:
– Worked our way musically from Bluegrass (Steve Howard and Phil Nusbaum) to eclectic covers (Chris Kelly) to full out rock mode (Refrigerager) to groovy throwbacks (Shagagogo).
– Packed the house with locals, newbies, men, women, young folks and seasoned veterans.
– Raised over $400 dollars for the ICA Foodsheld via Hammerschlagen
– Enjoyed copious amounts of Italian Beef Sandwiches and Chicago Hotlinks, courtesy of Duncan from Deli by the Bay
Thank you to all who came out, all the musicians who played, all the volunteers who poured and everyone else who made the event a success. It was a fitting way to officially kickoff summer, you folks freakin rock!
Now, we move forward to a jam-packed June. Let’s run down what we have in store (I’m just digging the lists this morning, roll with it):
– June 3rd: Summer Swing Golf Tourney at Deer Run Golf Course
– June 4th: Meet the Brewers Tap Takeover at Edina Grill
– June 7th: Kitchen Window Beer Dinner/Cooking Demonstration AND Republic Calhoun Square Afterparty
– June 12th: Concerts in the Park (debuting our new Root Beer)
– June 14th: Bayview Beer Dinner Cruise
– June 15th: St. Paul Summer Beer Fest
– June 16th: Woodland Winery Father’s Day Bash
– June 20th: Figlio Beer Series Beer Dinner
– June 22nd: Carver Ale Trail
– June 28th: MN Pride Beer Dabbler in Loring Park
You can find info on most of these events by heading to our Event Page, otherwise email firstname.lastname@example.org for more details or information.
Looking forward to a great summer and wrapping up our first year of being officially open. The last 11 months have humbled and excited us about our future in Excelsior, looking forward to many more years of brewing. YOU are the reason it happened so…you know…THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU! You’re the best. Seriously.